- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/4 teaspoons almond extract
- Cubed brownies, cake, miniature waffles and/or cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in cream until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and extract. Keep warm. Serve with brownies, cake, waffles and/or cookies. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews forAlmond Custard Fondue
"My absolute favorite fondue recipe. We use this every year for Valentines Day rather than fixing a big dessert. The kids really look forward to it!"
"This is really good and a nice change from the standard chocolate fondue. I made it for Valentines day and served it with marshmallows, graham crackers, sponge cake, brownie bites, bananas and strawberries. Bananas and brownie bites were my favorite dippers. I also think it would be an excellent cake filling once it has cooled in the fridge. Yum!"