The triple-almondspunch (almond extract, ground almonds and blanched almonds) make the cookies extra tasty, but I sometimes make them with toasted pecans and place a pecan half in the center of each cookie.— Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 36 blanched almonds
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and remaining sugar until crumbly. Beat in the egg, milk and extracts. Combine the flour, ground almonds and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Coat bottom of glass with cooking spray, then dip in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Flatten cookies with prepared glass, redipping in cinnamon-sugar mixture as needed. Top each cookie with an almond.
- Bake at 325° for 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 86 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.