Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Fresh raspberries and chocolate curls, optional
- In a large saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir in cream and sugar. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. (do not boil). Remove from the heat. Stir in almond extract.
- Pour into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with raspberries and chocolate curls if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 30, 2009
I've been making this dessert for Christmas eve for years....... It's a huge success!! This is velvety smooth.... Being a diabetic, I use SPLENDA instead of the sugar. It keeps me from putting my insulin pump in overdrive. An occasional splurge doesn't hurt and it is so worth it. I highly recommend this recipe.