- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- Whipped cream and additional chopped almonds, optional
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, almonds and flour. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Beat egg and vanilla; add to flour mixture and stir until moistened. Cover and chill for 30 minutes. Coat fingers with flour and press mixture and stir until moistened. Cover and chill for 30 minutes. Coat fingers with flour and press mixture into the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Meanwhile, soften gelatin in water; set aside. In a saucepan, cook cranberries, jelly and remaining sugar over medium-low heat until berries pop. Remove from the heat; stirring gelatin until dissolved. Cool; pour into crust. Chill at least 4 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and almonds if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forAlmond Cranberry Tart
"The crust was very good, but the filling was just ok. It wasn't a huge hit with the kids, but I'm sure adults would appreciate it more."
"Almond cranberry tart is delicious and so easy to make, we make it any time we have all the ingredients. It's so good hot or cold that we don't argue as to how it's served, we simply serve it and eat it as is. It's a keeper for sure and going in my recipe box."