Almond Coffee Walnuts
Semisweet chocolate adds a luscious touch to the coffee and nuts in these morsels. They go together quickly in the microwave.
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + standing
- 2/3 cup almond paste
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 72 walnut halves
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a small bowl, combine the almond paste, liqueur and espresso powder. Spread about 1/2 teaspoon mixture on the flat side of half of the walnuts. Top with remaining walnuts, forming a sandwich.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of sandwiches in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 79 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Almond Coffee Walnuts in Country Woman Christmas 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.