Almond Coffee Walnuts
Semisweet chocolate adds a luscious touch to the coffee and nuts in these morsels. They go together quickly in the microwave.
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + standing
- 2/3 cup almond paste
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 72 walnut halves
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a small bowl, combine the almond paste, liqueur and espresso powder. Spread about 1/2 teaspoon mixture on the flat side of half of the walnuts. Top with remaining walnuts, forming a sandwich.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of sandwiches in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.