- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup blanched almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a food processor, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar, almonds and lemon zest; cover and process until nuts are finely chopped. Add butter; pulse just until mixture is crumbly. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, coconut, lemon juice, flour, lemon zest and baking powder; pour over the hot crust. Bake until light golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forAlmond-Coconut Lemon Bars
"Ingredients called for lemon zest AND lemon peel. Turns out zest was called for twice but never the peel. Also, when baking the filling, I wasn't sure if I was to use the same temperature. Oh well, it's cooling now so we'll see how it comes out."
"Excellent taste and structure. I changed the recipe slightly, though. For the bottom I used 1 cup of oat flour and 1/2cup all purpose flour. In the filling, sugar half of the amount.One of the desserts that will not stay for the next day."
"Made them for a community event and they were gone in a flash, several people admitted to eating more than one."
"I difinatly recommand this recipe!"