Almond Coconut Bread
Sprinkling sugar on top of this bread before baking gives it a delectable crunch. The flavor from almond extract pairs nicely with the coconut.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in coconut.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 167 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Coconut Bread in Best of Country Breads
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.