Almond Citrus Biscotti
"Often, I'll package some of my home-baked biscotti with a mug and a special blend of coffee to give as a gift," says Claire Brogren of Winside, New York.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground almonds
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in lemon zest, orange zest and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Divide dough into four portions; shape each into an 8-in. x 2-in. rectangle on ungreased baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat remaining egg; brush evenly over dough. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 169 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.