- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 8 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- Set aside 1 tablespoon almonds for garnish. Chop remaining almonds; sprinkle into a greased 9-in. springform pan. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Beat into cream cheese mixture. Add melted chocolate; beat until blended. Fold in the whipped cream. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with reserved almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forAlmond Chocolate Torte
"Super easy and totally yummy!!!"
"All I have to say is YUM-O! This was really easy to make. I added some almond extract to the cream cheese mixture. Before I figured this out I accidently added it to my melted chocolate and it ruined the texture of my chocolate. My family loved this so much I spooned the filling into small individual bowls and covered to let them set in the fridge - portion control!"
"i tried with orange extract(taste ok) and with raspberry extract which tasted amazing"
"So easy to make and very chocolatey. I took it to a party and everyone loved it. I added a little almond extract to the filling."
"I am going to make it and use Splenda in place of the sugar, low fat cream cheese and Dove sugar free chocolates. I have made these substitutes with many dessert recipes with success."
"For people watching fat, perhaps a fat free cream cheese could be used. Also artificial sweetener that you can bake with. Although it looks like you don't bake this. Also wonder if one could use the fat free or sugar free cool whip or store brand whipped topping for whipping cream. Some people would really frown at that, but fat people (like me) might like the idea if it would work."