- 1/4 cup almond paste
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. Divide almond paste into eight portions; shape each into a small log. Set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- 2. Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Spread each with 1 tablespoon chocolate mixture; set aside remaining mixture for drizzling. Place one portion almond paste at wide end of each triangle. Roll up and place point side down 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet; curve ends to form a crescent.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with reserved chocolate mixture.
1 roll: 233 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 23, 2012
excellent-both in taste and preparation(have used these reduced -fat crescent rolls for two Thanksgivings!!
Oct 13, 2011
Great, easy recipe! Varied it by replacing chocolate with a melted peach jelly glaze, then topping with cinnamon and vanilla powder.