Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup almond paste
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Divide almond paste into eight portions; shape each into a small log. Set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Spread each with 1 tablespoon chocolate mixture; set aside remaining mixture for drizzling. Place one portion almond paste at wide end of each triangle. Roll up and place point side down 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet; curve ends to form a crescent.
- Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with reserved chocolate mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 233 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 23, 2012
excellent-both in taste and preparation(have used these reduced -fat crescent rolls for two Thanksgivings!!
Oct 13, 2011
Great, easy recipe! Varied it by replacing chocolate with a melted peach jelly glaze, then topping with cinnamon and vanilla powder.