- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 to 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forAlmond Chocolate Cookies
"These were very easy, and tasted delicious. I didn't have any almond extract, so I used a total of 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract instead."
"Not happy with the turn out of these cookies. They are flat and look like cow pies! Taste good that is true but not exactly eye appealing."