Almond Chocolate Cakes
I serve this variation of chocolate cake often and it is always a hit. It is almost like a steamed pudding, served warm and topped with whipped cream or ice cream. The chocolate-praline flavor comes through nicely.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup milk
- Combine the brown sugar, butter and cream; divide between two greased 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Sprinkle with almonds.
- In a small bowl, beat sugar and butter until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Divide between ramekins. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto dessert plates. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 837 calories, 37g fat (18g saturated fat), 178mg cholesterol, 492mg sodium, 118g carbohydrate (89g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Almond-Praline Chocolate Cake in Reminisce August/September 2008