- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, salt and sherry or broth until smooth. Gradually stir in egg whites. Place almonds in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg white mixture, then coat with almonds.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken strips in oil for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink; drain on paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAlmond Chicken Strips
"Love it!! I made it for my parents who are picky eaters and my 2 year old and there was none left! They can't wait for me to make it again."
"The recipe should have been published with 4-1/2 teaspoons sherry or broth and will be updated soon."
"There's no way 1 1/2 tsp. sherry or broth will stir smoothly into 1/4 c. cornstarch! I'll try a little more liquid. Wish me luck!"
"I made these for a party for a friend coming home from Iraq. Everyone loved them! They were easy to make and tasted awesome!"