- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Honey mustard, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, salt and sherry; gradually stir in egg whites. Place almonds in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg white mixture, then coat with almonds.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken strips in oil for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink; drain on paper towels. Serve with honey mustard for dipping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAlmond Chicken Strips
"Love it!! I made it for my parents who are picky eaters and my 2 year old and there was none left! They can't wait for me to make it again."
"The recipe should have been published with 4-1/2 teaspoons sherry or broth and will be updated soon."
"There's no way 1 1/2 tsp. sherry or broth will stir smoothly into 1/4 c. cornstarch! I'll try a little more liquid. Wish me luck!"
"I made these for a party for a friend coming home from Iraq. Everyone loved them! They were easy to make and tasted awesome!"