Whether I serve these nutty chicken strips as an appetizer or entree, there are never leftovers.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Honey mustard, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, salt and sherry; gradually stir in egg whites. Place almonds in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg white mixture, then coat with almonds.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken strips in oil for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink; drain on paper towels. Serve with honey mustard for dipping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Almond Chicken Strips in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p93
Reviews for Almond Chicken Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review