Almond Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil until no longer pink. Stir in the vegetables, broth and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 331 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 843mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 9, 2012
I agree with the previous reviewer. The stir-fry sauce was very bland. I will make it again using a different sauce.
Apr 16, 2010
This dish was very bland. The consistency of the sauce and all the veggies were great. Just needs more flavor.