VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil until no longer pink. Stir in the vegetables, broth and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Almond Chicken Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p34
Reviews forAlmond Chicken Stir-Fry
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2012
"I agree with the previous reviewer. The stir-fry sauce was very bland. I will make it again using a different sauce."
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2010
"This dish was very bland. The consistency of the sauce and all the veggies were great. Just needs more flavor."