Almond Chicken Pasta Bake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 8 cooked bacon strips, crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons sherry or additional chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute mushrooms and onion in butter for 3-5 minutes or until onion is tender. Whisk in flour and nutmeg until blended. Add cream and broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Drain pasta; stir into cream sauce. Add the broccoli, chicken, tomatoes, bacon, 1/4 cup cheese and sherry. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 409 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Feb 25, 2015
this was pretty good... I gave it a solid B... prob won't make again
Jun 4, 2013
Great make ahead dish! I baked half and froze the other half. I did substitute half of the whipping cream for fat free half n half.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.