- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese.
- Toss cornflakes with butter; sprinkle over cheese. Top with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forAlmond Chicken Casserole
"It was ok. I thought it was missing something."
"Wonderful flavor, almonds and water chestnuts make a nice crunchy texture to the rice and creamy sauce"
"Looks harder than it is. Very good! Nice crunchy texture. I made a few changes. Use light or low fat mayo and sour cream. Omitted the mushrooms because they aren't popular with my family. I felt like 2 cups chicken wasn't enough for the amount of mayo/sour cream/soup mixture, so I added another cup of chicken. I also added a splash of milk (about a 1/2 cup) to make it creamier. Lastly, to add a little more flavor that some said was lacking, I substituted the regular salt for celery salt. It worked. Overall it was a real hit, and I will definitely make it again!"
"Our Residents love it :) thanks for sharing the recipe"
"Made this last night leaving out mushrooms but adding frozen peas and carrots. Everything else was as written in recipe. It was delish! Creamy and an excellent easy meal"
"The recipe went together beautifully and was a big hit with my family. Also made a batch for neighbors - they loved it!"
"casserole is average. Did not think is was any thing special. The recipie could use some herbs to add a punch of flavor. Agree with the other review's that it needs a side of rice to assist with the dish."
"If anyone complains about this Almond chicken recipe being bland or otherwise, I think they should have their taste buds checked. My family thought it was the best every and have requested it again & again."