Almond Chicken and Rice
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, divided
- Place the rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with chicken. In a bowl, combine soup, milk, celery, onion, parsley, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of almonds. Pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 786 calories, 38g fat (10g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 58g protein.
Oct 4, 2013
This is so yummy =]
Jun 16, 2013
I actually made this twice. I used the cut-up fryer the first time but it is just too much grease or fat for us although the chicken I got was no more fatty than most. The second time I used 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts and 2 boneless skinless thighs just to have white and dark meat. Much better.
Nov 16, 2011
It was definitely a different taste but willing to make it again
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.