Almond Chicken and Rice
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, divided
- Place the rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with chicken. In a bowl, combine soup, milk, celery, onion, parsley, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of almonds. Pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 786 calories, 38g fat (10g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 58g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 4, 2013
This is so yummy =]
Jun 16, 2013
I actually made this twice. I used the cut-up fryer the first time but it is just too much grease or fat for us although the chicken I got was no more fatty than most. The second time I used 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts and 2 boneless skinless thighs just to have white and dark meat. Much better.
Nov 16, 2011
It was definitely a different taste but willing to make it again