Almond Cherry Pizza
The traditional pairing of almonds and cherries makes for a delicious dessert pizza in this recipe created from our home economists. Keep the ingredients on hand for a no-fuss impressive dessert.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/3 cup almond paste
- 1 package (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1 can (12 ounces) cherry cake and pastry filling
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Crumble almond paste into a small microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on high for 5 seconds to soften if necessary. Stir in cheese until combined; spread over crust to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with chips.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand until cheese mixture is set. Spread with cherry filling; top with maraschino cherries and almonds.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Solo brand cake and pastry filling. Look for it in the baking aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 354 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Feb 9, 2012
Thought this was pretty good. Had to kinda home-make the almond paste & Mascarpone cheese. Also had to use one of those "add water" pizza crusts & make it, but all in all it turned out good.