Almond-Cherry Cake Brownies
After I purchased a huge jar of cherries at an outlet store, I realized I needed more recipe ideas for them. I started experimenting and came up with these fudgy bars. Happily, my family loves them!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate syrup
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons whole milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and extract. Add chocolate syrup and flour; mix well. Stir in cherries, coconut and almonds.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a saucepan, combine butter and cocoa. Cook and stir until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat. Whisk in confectioners' sugar and extract. Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Spread over brownies.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 157 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.