Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 bunch celery, sliced (about 6 cups)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Place the celery in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, paprika and pepper. Top with the soup. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the almonds. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown.
1/2 cup: 89 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.Originally published as Almond Celery Bake in Taste of Home August/September 2000
Jan 2, 2015
Dec 26, 2014
Not good. Won't make it again.
Jan 6, 2012
I thought this recipe sounded really interesting so I decided to give it a try. I halved the recipe and used about 2 cups of chopped celery. Instead of using soup, I made a homemade white sauce. I also left out the almonds. When halving the recipe, it only has to bake for 30-35 minutes. I have never really heard of a celery side dish before, this one really surprised me by being really good! The cheese and bread crumbs really entice people to try it. Really good dish, will try again!
Jan 8, 2010
My mom used the same recipe and I still crave it today!
Reviews for Almond Celery Bake
More from Taste of Home