Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in milk. Add 1/4 cup sugar and butter; mix well. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and remaining sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add yeast mixture; beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down; divide into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Melt 3 tablespoons butter; brush 1 tablespoon over each circle. In a bowl, combine the sugar, almonds, egg, extract, lemon zest and remaining butter; mix well. Spread a third over each circle of dough.
- Cut each into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end; place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; brush over warm rolls.