The broccoli retains its lovely green color when stir-fried, so this dish is not only easy to make but pretty to serve. The almonds add a nutty crunch that everyone really likes.
Recommended: 35 Chinese Takeout Fake-Out Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in the soy sauce, sugar and ginger; cook for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Sprinkle with lemon juice and almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Almond Broccoli Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p27
Reviews forAlmond Broccoli Stir-Fry
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2012
"I loved this!"
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2010
"This is a excellent sidedish that compliments beef very well. We will be sure to be making this one again!!!"