- 6 croissants
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup almond paste, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- STRAWBERRY CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- Cut croissants into 1/2-in. pieces; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar and extracts. Pour over croissants; let stand for 10 minutes. Dot with almond paste; sprinkle with almonds (dish will be full). Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir sugar with a wooden spoon until sugar has melted and turned a deep amber color, about 20 minutes. Add 1 cup cream (mixture will bubble). Stir in remaining cream; cook 10-15 minutes longer or until caramelized sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in strawberries. Serve over bread pudding. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forAlmond Bread Pudding
"Yum. This is my new FAVORITE"
"Very good ! Also good served with whipped cream or cherry jelly."
"I've made this many times and it's always a hit! I never serve it with a topping-nobody misses it!"
"Found this recipe in one of the T of H mags about 10 years ago, and everyone loved it. Lost the mag/recipe and so happy that it's on this website. Most people prefer whipped cream over the sauce or just by itself. easy and delicious!"
"The bread pudding was wonderful by itself.We found the sause too sweet and overpowering.As a substitute, we took a tub of whipped topping and placed several drops of almond flavoring in it to taste .We mixed this together and had it on the side if people wanted something on top.DELICIOUS!!!"