Almond Berry Pancakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Optional: Confectioners' sugar and additional fresh berries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter and extract; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; sprinkle with berries. Turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Garnish with confectioners' sugar and additional berries if desired.
2 pancakes: 239 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Aug 7, 2017
Very easy and tasty. My daughter loves pancakes so we try new recipes together often. We ate it with blueberry syrup and the fresh fruit. It was delicious!
Jun 21, 2015
simple and tasty.
Dec 31, 1969
Very good! I used fresh raspberries and blackberries (they burst a little when cooking though as they are delicate ). Next time I would cut the almond extract in half, I love almond flavour but I found it just a little too strong in that fake way that extract can taste if there's too much, I'd want it more subtle....
Jul 16, 2012
Easy and delicious. Only made with blueberries as that was all I had on had. Added some strawberries also.