Almond Berry Pancakes Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter and extract; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; sprinkle with berries. Turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 10 pancakes.
2 pancakes: 239 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Almond Berry Pancakes
"Very easy and tasty. My daughter loves pancakes so we try new recipes together often. We ate it with blueberry syrup and the fresh fruit. It was delicious!"
"simple and tasty."
"Very good! I used fresh raspberries and blackberries (they burst a little when cooking though as they are delicate ). Next time I would cut the almond extract in half, I love almond flavour but I found it just a little too strong in that fake way that extract can taste if there's too much, I'd want it more subtle...."
"easy and delicious. Only made with blueberries as that was all I had on had. Added some strawberries also."