Almond Beef Roast with Wild Rice
This tender beef with gravy and rice has been one of my daughter’s favorite dinners for years. She now lives in Georgia, and I often serve it when she comes to visit.—Gloria McKenzie, Panama City, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 2-3/4 hours
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°. Sprinkle roast with flour and pepper. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk chicken soup and cider until blended; stir in soup mix. Pour over roast. Bake, covered, 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook wild rice according to package directions. Stir in parsley and butter.
- Remove roast from pan. Stir almonds into sauce in pan. Serve roast with rice and sauce.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked beef with 1/2 cup rice and 1/3 cup sauce: 480 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 41g protein.
Originally published as Almond Beef Roast and Wild Rice in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips