Almond-Avocado Tossed Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette or vinaigrette of your choice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Sprinkle with almonds. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 105 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 28, 2015
Made this for my tennis team pot luck luncheon. Served it with a bottled raspberry vinaigrette dressing. It was a hit. Prepared it around 7:00am and kept it on ice in a small cooler while we played. When lunch was served more than five hours later, it was still fresh and simply beautiful. Got many compliments on how it looked and how it tasted.
Apr 11, 2015
It's a salad1
May 28, 2010
Really liked this salad and so impressed with the idea of removing the seeds from the cucumbers - now my husband enjoys cucumbers in salads too!
Oct 22, 2009
Even my dh loved this salad, which is a little unusual for him to like a salad with nuts and fruit. We had this with grilled lamb steaks and it was fantastic.
Jun 9, 2009
I made this for my Bunco night last Wednesday. It was a HUGE hit! Everyone went back for seconds. I served it with Honey-Poppyseed dressing.