- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 2-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding apricots during the last 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; place in a large bowl. Add broccoli, chicken, onions and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine the next eight ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving; fold in almonds. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forAlmond-Apricot Chicken Salad
"I'm sure this would be a hit with some people, although I speculate it would be less than half of those that have it, it was left as "it is edible but don't make it again" in our house of eight people. I really don't want to leave a low review but I also don't want to make the mistake of making it again only to not like it.*Edited to add* The strong citrus flavor was less the next day and nearly gone 3 days later (yes, this lasted that long in our house). Still wouldn't make it again."