Alligator Cookie Pops
These cookie pops are downright adorable. They might look exotic, but they use everyday ingredients. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 circus peanut candies
- 14 lollipop sticks
- 1 package (14 ounces) green Wilton candy melts
- 12 Nutter Butter cookies
- 24 miniature semisweet chocolate chips (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 24 semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/3 cup white baking chips, melted
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1. Cut a slit in each circus peanut, forming a mouth. Using two lollipop sticks, prop mouths open. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a microwave, melt candy melts; stir until smooth. Twist apart cookies. Dip the end of a lollipop stick into melted coating and place on a cookie half; replace cookie top. Repeat. Place pops on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for 10 minutes or until set.
- 3. Meanwhile, dip a circus peanut in coating and allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Repeat with remaining circus peanuts; let stand until set.
- 4. Reheat candy melts if necessary; dip a cookie pop in coating and allow excess to drip off. Insert stick into a styrofoam block to stand. While wet, position a coated circus peanut on the cookie for a head. Repeat.
- 5. For eyes, attach a miniature chocolate chip to each chocolate chip using melted white chips. Attach to head using melted chocolate. Using remaining melted chocolate, pipe nostrils onto faces; pipe teeth with melted white chips. Let stand until set.
1 cookie pop: 326 calories, 16g fat (12g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC