All-Star Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, combine pie filling, lemon juice and cinnamon; spoon into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts, oats and coconut; sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown, covering edges loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 304 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 6, 2020
I just don’t like this recipe. I don’t think it’s possible to make canned apple pie good. Even with the crumble like this, the star of the dish should be the apples, and this just succeeds in attempting to cover it up with sugar and coconut and nuts. One can isn’t even that much apples, even if it were good. Sorry.
Jun 15, 2014
I made this for my husband for Fathers Day & he loved it! Only change I made was I added a little extra cinnamon & sugar to the apple pie filling because Hubby has a huge sweet tooth.
Nov 6, 2011
This is my all time favorite apple pie recipe. I've made it several times & always gets lots of compliments!