All-Star Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, combine pie filling, lemon juice and cinnamon; spoon into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts, oats and coconut; sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown, covering edges loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 304 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 15, 2014
I made this for my husband for Fathers Day & he loved it! Only change I made was I added a little extra cinnamon & sugar to the apple pie filling because Hubby has a huge sweet tooth.
Nov 6, 2011
This is my all time favorite apple pie recipe. I've made it several times & always gets lots of compliments!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.