- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, water, vinegar and sugar. Pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forAll-Day Meatballs
"These were pretty good. My kids wondered why I didn't stick with my recipe, but I wanted to try it out, used brown sugar instead of white, and Seasoning salt instead of regular salt. Next time i'll use less milk."
"Instead of oats, I substituted 1/2 cup of wheat crackers and 2 big slices of bread, which I tore into big pieces, as part of doubling the recipe. Also, I omitted the sugar. I used a 6 qt. crockpot and cooked the meatballs for about 5 hours. The meatballs from this altered recipe got lots of compliments."
"Sounds good and quite easy, but is there a way to cut down on the sodium without losing the tase."
"I thought these were very tasty,and putting the sauce in first does help them not stick together,thanks for the tip :)"
"This is now a staple in our house. I use premade meatballs when pressed for time. This is one of my easier meals!"
"I was very disappointed in this. Meatballs were too moist and either fell apart while cooking or just were mushy. There was not much flavor either. Don't think I'll waste my time and money on this one again. Sorry :("
"These meatballs are tasty and moist, and the sauce is delicious."