- 4 uncooked Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 large sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 dinner rolls, split
- In a large skillet, brown sausages on all sides, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; add water. Cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In the same pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions; cook and stir until tender. Add brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; cook 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are coated.
- Cut each sausage lengthwise in half, then crosswise in half. Serve in rolls with pepper mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAll-American Sausage and Pepper Sliders
"Sausage sandwiches were good but not much difference than plain sausages with sauteed peppers and onions. With so many other recipes, I don't think I'll keep this one."
"Made it using sweet italian sausages and regular red bell peppers. Husband and I thought it was just okay. Didn’t feel I will do this anytime soon again."
"Excellent sauce. I used hot sausage. After browning the sausage, in the same pan, I sauteed two medium onions and one green pepper. I set aside the onions/peppers. Made the sauce, added the sausage and arranged the onions/pepper on top to simmer. Very good taste!"
"This is hands down one of our favorite meals. We like to have it with roasted asparagus drizzled with balsamic."