“This wonderful salt-free rub is great on steaks, pork and chicken,” writes Heather Bonser from Laurel, Montana. Try shaking the quick, sweet-spicy rub on hot popcorn, too!
Recommended: Best Barbecued Ribs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients; store in an airtight container.
- Rub over meat or poultry; cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours before grilling or broiling. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Originally published as All-American Rub in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p47