- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 4 slices process American cheese or cheddar cheese, halved diagonally
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, halved diagonally
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato and onion, cooked bacon strips, ketchup and mustard, optional
- Combine first five ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four patties. Grill burgers, covered, on a greased rack over medium direct heat until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, about 6 minutes on each side.
- During the last minute of cooking, top each patty with two triangles of American cheese and one triangle of Swiss cheese. Serve on buns; if desired, top with lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, ketchup or mustard. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAll-American Hamburgers
"These were really good! Tasty burgers!"
"Fantastic recipe! I added onion soup mix to the mixture and they were the best burgers we ever had!"
"These burgers have a great flavor and are very juicy! The flavor from the chili sauce is subtle, yet is just enough to give these burgers a different taste. I was a little skeptical about adding mustard, but it works! A great burger recipe that I would make again!"
"Fantastic and simple recipe. I added a little bit of liquid smoke, to really give it that smokey flavor. PERFECTO! Great recipe."
"I used Skyline HOT chili sauce and these turned out great, with a little heat/kick."
"This was excellent, very juicy... Will leave out the onions when fixing for a crowd since some people seem to really hate onions. Will saute onions and have on the side. Am fixing for a crowd for Super Bowl 46."
"We just had these for a quick lunch after church, very yummy! Everyone enjoyed them."
"Yum yum! We are currently living out of the country and these were like a yummy tast of home! We topped them with toasty rolls, tomatoe, cheddar cheese, lettuce and ketchup! We had potatoe salad and sauteed zucchini to top it off!"
"Just thought of something else...EVERYTHING is always better when you are camping. Thanks for sharing your favorite with us."
"oppss..typo..make that "enough ""