Pork and beans make this an all-American meal everyone enjoys.—Cheryl Groenenboom, Rose Hill, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes4-6 servings (1-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, brown the beef, onion and pepper until the beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans and soups. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 255 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 903mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as All-American Chili in Country Woman January/February 1996
Jan 28, 2013
Jan 11, 2012
didn't really like the pork and beans in it...needed to be more spicy.
Jan 28, 2009
Definitely didn't think it was "chili"; however, I'm convinced if you added more varieties of beans it would be excellent baked beans!