All-American Bacon Cheeseburgers Recipe
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves and tomato and onion slices
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with bacon and toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 472 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 947mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for All-American Bacon Cheeseburgers
"These were juicy and moist! They grilled up nicely and my kids gobbled them up! I topped mine with cheese and onion and ate it with a toasted bun. I would add salt and pepper to mine next time to ad more flavor."
"These were ok. I guess I like my hamburger meat to be seasoned a little more. I felt like they were lacking in flavor."
"I thought these were very tasty burgers. They do remind me of meatloaf though. Good thing I'm a huge fan of meatloaf!"
"Used 85% lean ground chuck and red wine vinegar instead of cider vinegar. Otherwise followed recipe. They were good. However they tasted more like meatloaf than a burger. I don't think I would make them again unless I had a "hankerin'" for meatloaf"
"Can't say this was the best burger I've had but These were tasty! Based on the reviews I thought I would have problems with them holding together on the grill, but that wasn't an issue for me. I wonder if other people were using previously frozen hamburger? Sometimes that can result in a watery mix... My meat was not previously frozen and I used an 80/20 mix that worked well."
"This recipe is absolutely amazing, best burgers,will definitely be making these again & again!"
"Tried this recipe during the 4th of July weekend, they were fantastic! Now we are planning a cookout and going to use this recipe for our friends. I had to send this one to my sister in Michigan too! Thank you so much!"
"Made these with ground buffalo instead of beef. Super tasty!"
"Made these for Memorial Day and they was a great hit. Everyone loved them"
"These Burgers were amazing!! It has such great flavor! It tasted like a burger that I would get at a restaurant! I'm definitely making these again. I toasted the buns too which added to the flavor."