- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves and tomato, onion and pickle slices
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 3 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with bacon and toppings of your choice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAll-American Bacon Cheeseburgers
"My son asked for cheeseburgers for his birthday and these hit the spot! Delicious!"
"We loved these cheeseburgers tonight. Because it is so cold outside, I cooked them on my George Foreman grill and they were perfect. I followed the recipe but omitted the sugar as I didn't want them sweet. We added lettuce, tomato, mustard, and onion and they were delicious. Hubby gave a thumbs up. We will have these again.Volunteer Field Editor"
"These were juicy and moist! They grilled up nicely and my kids gobbled them up! I topped mine with cheese and onion and ate it with a toasted bun. I would add salt and pepper to mine next time to ad more flavor."
"These were ok. I guess I like my hamburger meat to be seasoned a little more. I felt like they were lacking in flavor."
"I thought these were very tasty burgers. They do remind me of meatloaf though. Good thing I'm a huge fan of meatloaf!"
"Used 85% lean ground chuck and red wine vinegar instead of cider vinegar. Otherwise followed recipe. They were good. However they tasted more like meatloaf than a burger. I don't think I would make them again unless I had a "hankerin'" for meatloaf"
"Can't say this was the best burger I've had but These were tasty! Based on the reviews I thought I would have problems with them holding together on the grill, but that wasn't an issue for me. I wonder if other people were using previously frozen hamburger? Sometimes that can result in a watery mix... My meat was not previously frozen and I used an 80/20 mix that worked well."
"This recipe is absolutely amazing, best burgers,will definitely be making these again & again!"
"Tried this recipe during the 4th of July weekend, they were fantastic! Now we are planning a cookout and going to use this recipe for our friends. I had to send this one to my sister in Michigan too! Thank you so much!"
"Made these with ground buffalo instead of beef. Super tasty!"