Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Pierce potatoes several times with a fork and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 4-1/2 minutes or until tender. Allow potatoes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, garlic powder, pepper and thyme. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp and add to the sauce mixture; mix well. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Microwave on high for 45 seconds or until cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 375 calories, 17g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 21, 2014
This is a delicious recipe for potatoes and I think it's less trouble than twice baked. Very good and my husband loves it!
Jan 11, 2014
I love this recipe - microwaving the potatoes and then mixing the ingredients is so easy and it is just awesome - who would ever think of alfredo sauce on potatoes - thank you
Jan 25, 2013
Very easy, yummy and different :)
Jul 8, 2012
Very moist and tasty,, will make them again!
Feb 14, 2011
My WHOLE family (all of them picky eaters) loved these potatoes! They really were quick and easy--have already had the family request I make them again. With these potatoes, I tried the "Pork Tenderloin with Wine Sauce" recipe and the whole meal was truly a hit.
Feb 3, 2009
My kids love these! I cut the fat and calories a bit by substituting light alfredo sauce and used 2% cheeses. They taste fabulous and have become a household favorite.