- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup prepared Alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pierce potatoes several times with a fork and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 6 minutes or until tender. Allow potatoes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, garlic powder, pepper and thyme. Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp and add to the sauce mixture; mix well. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forAlfredo Potatoes
"This is a delicious recipe for potatoes and I think it's less trouble than twice baked. Very good and my husband loves it!"
"I love this recipe - microwaving the potatoes and then mixing the ingredients is so easy and it is just awesome - who would ever think of alfredo sauce on potatoes - thank you"
"Very easy, yummy and different :)"
"Very moist and tasty,, will make them again!"
"My kids love these! I cut the fat and calories a bit by substituting light alfredo sauce and used 2% cheeses. They taste fabulous and have become a household favorite."