My family loves spinach except for my husband. I made this up for my son who wants it all the time. My husband tried and found out he will eat this spinach. Bacon is easier to slice if cut while frozen.
Recommended: 50 Great Ways to Make Lasagna
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Drain spinach. In the same skillet, saute spinach in reserved drippings for 1 minute. Stir in the alfredo sauce, pepper and bacon; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Alfredo Creamed Spinach in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p27