Alfredo Creamed Spinach
I made this spinach Alfredo up for my son. Everyone in my family loves spinach except for my husband, but even he will eat this dish!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Drain spinach. In the same skillet, saute spinach in reserved drippings for 1 minute. Stir in the alfredo sauce, pepper and bacon; heat through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 324 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Easy Creamed Spinach in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012