Alfredo Creamed Spinach
My family loves spinach except for my husband. I made this up for my son who wants it all the time. My husband tried and found out he will eat this spinach. Bacon is easier to slice if cut while frozen.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Drain spinach. In the same skillet, saute spinach in reserved drippings for 1 minute. Stir in the alfredo sauce, pepper and bacon; heat through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 324 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Easy Creamed Spinach in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.