I created this recipe for my son who wants spinach all the time. My husband, who doesn't normally like spinach, tried the tasty side dish and loved it!
Recommended: 40 Light-ish Recipes That Don't Skimp on Cheese
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook spinach according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Drain spinach. In the same skillet, saute spinach in reserved drippings for 1 minute. Stir in the alfredo sauce, pepper and bacon; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Alfredo Creamed Spinach in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p27