Ale Bread Recipe
- 1 cup warm beer or ginger ale (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds).
1 slice: 107 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Ale Bread
"This bread is delicious. I just used some beer that was in my fridge, nothing special. It got attacked by my family and then I made another loaf to try measurements for a 2 pound loaf. Turned out perfect.1 cup warm beer1 cup warm water2 3/4 T vegetable oil4 T sugar2 t salt4 c bread flour3 t active dry yeast2 T ranch dressing dry mixVery moist, flavorful bread! This will become a staple at my house!"
"I just made the edited version, not noticing the change with water, added extra flour! Hope it turns out okay!"
"Very flavorful bread. Guests loved it, so I will be making it many times over."
"oops, sorry. That's 1/3 cup warm water!"
"Makes excellent rolls. I make this with selza water. I bake in the oven. We go through at least 2 batches a week."
"Very good. I finished in the oven, added 1T. of vital wheat gluten,gave it a nice rise."
"This is our all-time favorite when made with ShinerBock Beer. I also do half white flour and half wheat."
"you had lots of recipes posted in past Taste of Home books. It has been a few years. How long do you keep these recipes?"