Air-Fryer Shrimp Caesar Salad
My friend Jane and I have a favorite lunch spot that serves a fantastic shrimp caesar salad on Wednesdays. I made my own version so I can eat it whenever I want. Save a lot of time by using your air fryer! —Marla Clark, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 2 romaine hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1. Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a large bowl, combine romaine, tomatoes and cheese; refrigerate until serving. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Add shrimp, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat; shake off excess.
- 2. In batches, place shrimp in a single layer in greased air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Turn; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until lightly browned and shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes longer. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Drizzle dressing over romaine mixture and toss to coat. Top with shrimp. If desired, sprinkle with additional cheese and pepper; serve immediately.
1 serving: 313 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC