Air-Fryer Quinoa Arancini
We love arancini, but they're not the healthiest option! I wanted to make a version that we could enjoy guilt-free. I substituted quinoa for rice and tried baking instead of frying. Now we can have these air-fryer arancini any time. —Sabrina Ovadia, New York, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-serve quinoa or 1-3/4 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten, divided use
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese (3/4 inch each)
- Cooking spray
- Warmed pasta sauce, optional
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Stir in 1 egg, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oil, basil and seasonings.
- Divide into 6 portions. Shape each portion around a cheese cube to cover completely, forming a ball.
- Place remaining egg and 1/2 cup bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip quinoa balls in egg, then roll in bread crumbs. Place on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 6-8 minutes. If desired, serve with pasta sauce.