Air-Fryer Puff Pastry Danishes
These simple jam-filled pastries are perfect for a holiday brunch spread. They were my dad's favorite, so the recipe will always be close to my heart. —Chellie Helmke, Jackson Center, Ohio
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam or jam of choice
- 1. Preheat air fryer to 325°. Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth; beat in 1 egg yolk.
- 2. Mix water and remaining egg yolk. On a lightly floured surface, unfold each sheet of puff pastry; roll into a 12-in. square. Cut each into nine 4-in. squares.
- 3. Top each square with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture and 1 rounded teaspoon jam. Bring two opposite corners of pastry over filling, sealing with yolk mixture. Brush tops with remaining yolk mixture.
- 4. In batches, place in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket. Cook until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 pastry: 197 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC