Tired of the same old ground-beef burgers? This quick-fix alternative, with its creamy cheese filling, will wake up your taste buds.—Sherri Cox, Lucasville, Ohio
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves and tomato slices
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a small bowl, mix cheddar cheese, green onions, parsley and 1 teaspoon mustard. In another bowl, bread crumbs, ketchup, seasonings and remaining mustard. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into eight thin patties. Spoon cheese mixture onto the center of four patties; top with remaining patties, pressing edges together firmly, taking care seal thoruohgly.
- Place burgers in air fryer basket. Working in batches as needed, air fry 10 minutes; flip and continue cooking until a thermometer reads 160°, 8-10 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Air Fryer Herb and Cheese-Stuffed Burgers in What Can I Cook in My ... 2019