Air-Fryer Breakfast Croquettes with Egg & Asparagus
These air-fryer croquettes make a great on-the-go breakfast. If you want to get fancy, pack them with Hollandaise sauce for dunking. —Barb Miller, Oakdale, Minnesota
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-3/4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Cooking spray
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; cook and stir until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk; cook and stir until thickened (mixture will be thick). Stir in hard-boiled eggs, asparagus, green onions, cheese, tarragon, salt and pepper. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat air fryer to 350°. Shape 1/4 cupfuls of egg mixture into twelve 3-in. long ovals. Place bread crumbs and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Roll logs in crumbs to coat, then dip in egg and roll again in crumbs, patting to help coating adhere.
- 3. In batches, place croquettes in a single layer in greased air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Turn; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 3-5 minutes longer.
2 croquettes: 294 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 303mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC